Excalibur Tattoo & Design prides itself in offering custom tattooing in the Lower Naugatuck Valley area. A full service studio, we offer everything from traditional style to more elaborate fine line and realistic tattoos.
- Tuesday – Friday → Noon – 8PM
- Saturday → Noon to 5PM
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Phone & Address
- 406 Howe Avenue
Shelton, CT 06484
We pride ourselves on being a custom tattoo shop. If you have an idea or concept we will be more than happy to develop it into a beautiful piece of skin art for you. While you are welcome to bring in ideas found on the internet, we prefer changing it up to make it your own.
Our artists book up fast and run an average of two months out for appointments. If you are looking to get something soon, set up an appointment now. It is easier to trade your spot with someone else’s if something comes up than to try to fit you in somewhere.
We prefer you make your appointment in person. If you are a first time customer please stop by, introduce yourself, and let us look at your concepts. We’ll be able to answer your questions directly and find a time slot in our schedule.
There are two artists on staff. Between the two of us we can handle just about any type of illustration. Each of us have our strengths and when you come in we can direct you to the artist best suited for your tattoo.
- Duck is the owner and prefers doing black and gray work, animals, Celtic knotwork and fantasy stuff.
- Jeannine (aka Deidre Deth) is known for her decorative fine line work, bold use of color and the occasional zombie pokemon tattoos.
The following requirements need to be met before we can tattoo you. Please make sure you comply with all of these in order to save time and avoid misunderstandings.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to get a tattoo on your own.
- An emancipated person under 18 years of age must provide a copy of their court papers.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign a consent for anyone 16 or 17 years of age. Legal guardians must provide a copy of their court papers.
- Absolutely no private area, hand or facial tattoos can be done on an unemancipated person under 18 years of age.
- A valid photo ID must be presented at time of piercing.
Suitable photo ID’s must have the following:
- date of birth
- current photo
- A state issued driver’s license, state photo ID or valid passport are considered suitable forms of identification.
- School issued photo ID’s are acceptable as long as they meet the above three criteria.
- Secondary documents will be needed if your photo ID does not link your name or date of birth to the photo. They include birth certificates, driving permits or other documents containing your name and date of birth.
- Anyone under 16 years of age are required to have a parent or legal guardian present and they must provide a valid photo ID.
Due to the decline in popularity of body piercing and the rising cost of maintaining a large stock of jewelry, piercing tools and disposables, we are sad to say that Excalibur Tattoo will no longer be providing a regular piercing service to the public at this time.
Currently we are taking limited piercing clients as current stock allows. Once that stock runs out, we will not be available for piercing.
If you are looking to get something pierced by us we encourage you to call in advance so you are not disappointed if we can not do your piercing.
The decision to discontinue this service was not an easy one and we thank all our loyal customers who have supported us in the past. If the situation changes in the future we will post it here. Thank you for understanding.
Cosmetic Tattooing Services
Due to the lack of interest for this service Excalibur Tattoo has discontinued offering cosmetic tattooing. All our stock has expired and we will not be ordering any new supplies.
We thank all our loyal customers who have supported us in the past. Sorry for the inconvenience and we thank you for understanding.